Thursday, February 09, 2006

On Your Mark, Get Set - BOBBLE!!

I think I found a bobble pattern that will work for me. This one is not too big, not too square, and seems pretty tight (i.e. no holes)! I'll try to post a picture later, but here's the pattern:

  1. Increase 4 in one stitch ending up with 5 stitches. (Most patterns call for kf & kb twice, but I had a really hard time doing it this way - I think because I knit on the tight side. So I used the k yo k yo k (but be careful to keep your yarn taunt).
  2. Turn work and purl in the same 5 stitches (again keeping the yarn and stitches taunt).
  3. Turn again and knit 5.
  4. Turn again (WS) and purl 5. BUT DON'T TURN IT YET. Stitches will be on the right needle. Slip the 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th stitches off the needle (as if you were binding off).
  5. Turn k1 into the back of the stitch.
  6. Ta Dah! Hopefully you will get a tight, semi-round, no-holed, nubbin' looking bobble.
  7. Repeat 237,569,000 more times. ;-p
  8. IF for some insane reason your bobbles don't turn out perfect, have a drink. Eventually, they will start to look better and better.
Good luck, happy knitting, and, hey, let's be safe out there!

No comments: