Tuesday, August 08, 2006

BAD GIRL!

I know, I know, I’ve been very, very bad. I haven't posted in quite a while. Our cable was out for a while, then I got busy, blah blah blah. Isn’t it strange when you’re so busy that you don’t have time to write anything. Then, when you’re not, you sit down to write and it’s like, let’s see – what did I do? …… ah, nothing. What’s up with that?

But I’ll try to make up for it – quickly. Let’s see, my niece had a baby boy, so now I’m a Great Aunt (again), but then again, I thought I always was a great aunt (snicker, snicker). And what did I make the baby? The aforementioned Angel Blanket, a Kimono, (from Mason Dixon knitting) with a matching hat (from One Skein).







Also the cutest pair of booties that you have EVER SEEN (Dockers from Rowan Babies) and another matching hat. I can’t believe that I have knitted and FINISHED so many things. Knitting baby stuff rocks! It goes quick.







So now, I’m working on 2 new baby blankets for friends. I’m doing the Dishrag Baby Blanket and I’m LOVING the yarn/colors I’m using. (I'll post that soon.) But I'll leave you with the new born posing with his blanket!




At least I know I picked the right blanket - the Angel blanket for the Angel baby!! :-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job on the baby layette! I love doing the booties too, but I hate all the finishing work--I swear it takes almost as long as the knitting for such tiny things!!!

Jonnie said...

Actually, these booties were not as bad as others I've done in the past. They used the 3 needle bind off (which I just learned for this project) and it leaves VERY LITTLE finishing (and that - ME LIKES)!!