Sunday, January 22, 2006

Happy Happy Joy Joy

I'm really making some progress on my Kelly sweater. I really love the spice color. I've finished the front piece and am working on the back now (or vice versa since they're identical). I have no idea "how to" sew the pieces together, but I'll jump that bridge when I get to it. My hubby, Seymour, saw me working on it for the first time last night. He seemed amazed. "Wow, I didn't know you were making a REAL sweater. That looks great." He seemed shocked by the fact that he actually liked something that I was making. Hmpf. Whut up wif dat? See if he gets a scarf, sock, hat or ANYTHING for that matter. Serve him right.

Making so much progress on my sweater is really getting me pumped for the Olympics. I can't wait. Of course, that was probably the kiss of death. I'll probably never finish the sweater now. I've mentioned the Olympics, right? Must knit something new & challenging beginning with opening ceremonies and finishing it by closing ceremonies. If you aren't into that, you can join The Homer Simpson Olympic Knitalong (which means knit nothing during the Olympics, but watch it and drink a lot of beer). It was a tough call, but I love a challenge. I haven't been able to get a lot of my kniting buddies to sign up -- only Anny (but we all know she has big ones). Everyone else seems to be too chickenshit, but I'm not naming any names (Brooks). People keep telling me ... I have "a problem." What do you think?


LOOK - my own button - I AM SO PSYCHED!





No comments: