Friday, June 09, 2006

An Interruption to this Knitting Blog to discuss Knitting

It may not seem like it, but I have gotten my head on straight and I'm hitting the needles again. I've updated my "Current Meds" (in the sidebar). I've got to make another freaking baby bonnet/bootie and hopefully a baby blankey too (patterns TBD-suggestions welcome). I think I have a month to crank it out. I've started a birthday present for AM my Irish bud whose birthday is at the end of this month. So, I'm making her a little "Wearing O' the Green." I really LOVE the pattern and the yarn. I found the pattern in the 24 hour Book or Things to Make in a Weekend or something to that effect.

It said 14 hours - mmm, how do they time that? Is that in wo-manhours or sitting still without moving? I've been working on it for about a week and it's coming along nicely - but I AIN'T finished! Here's a peek:



It's hard to tell by these pictures, but the yarn is a pretty green with a few yellow specks. I have to add some glass beads to the fringe once it's done (never worked with beads before - should be interesting). But, I like the way it's looking so far and I think it will look MAHRVAHLOUZ on her. If I have time, I'll try to squeeze in the matching hat. I'll keep you posted. It's so nice to be knitting again. It's a little tough with everything else going on (still fixing the house, working on the yard, flowers, plants) and the wonderful weather that we're having. But, oh, once you start, you wonder why and how you could ever let it lapse ...

I'm also ordering my stash for the Tempting KAL that's starting up. I'm really, really, really going to do it. Seriously. I AM! Just watch and see ...

No comments: