Thursday, June 01, 2006

NaNa NaNa Nah Nah – It’s almost my birthday!!

I’m so excited and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it. Okay, enough of the 80s flashbacks. The weather has been awesome here and we’ve been doing a lot of “house work.” Over Memorial Day weekend, I think I - oops, WE - planted over 30+ flowers in the front yard, put up a mailbox, flag, flower beds, etc. The place is shaping up quite nicely, but we still have a ways to go.

I’ve been quite the knit-slacker lately. But, I am ready for a new challenge. I have some beautiful yarn that I bought with a Christmas gift certificate but I’ve been afraid to dive into it. (It’s just TOO PRETTY!) I’d really like to make a summer tank/t-shirt type top. It has to be very cool to wear because – “It’s not the heat – it’s the humidity.” (If you’re from the Right Coast, you know EXACTLY what I mean!) It also has to be an easy pattern because I don’t want to screw up the yarn. I need something that will fit and look flattering on a Big Girl (tall, broad shoulders, endowed). We don’t use the “p-word” around here much (i.e. “petite”). Does anyone know of an easy 1st tank/t-shirt to knit? I could use all the help I can get.

We’re planning a little trip this weekend. Seymour and I are going to Charlottesville and staying in a BnB. I’m really looking forward to it. It’s only for the weekend, but it should be a nice break. I’m hoping that we get to Skyline Drive and do a little hiking. If it’s not too hot, it’d be SWEET. It will be nice to get away from work, town, house, cats, dog and kids and just spend some time together. Just the two of us .... (man, more 80s flashbacks. What's up with that??)

Hope yall have a GREAT weekend!!

No comments: